Personal Licence



Under the Licensing Act 2003, anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol will have to hold a personal licence.

Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH, formerly NCPLH qualification) recognised qualification designed for anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises including:

  • pubs
  • convenience stores
  • bars
  • sports and social clubs
  • hotels
  • entertainment establishments
  • restaurants
  • nightclubs
  • off-licences
  • leisure parks
  • supermarkets
  • casinos

The APLH qualification, formerly NCPLH qualification, is needed to apply for a Personal Licence to sell alcohol and advance your career prospects within the licensed retail sector in England and Wales.
The law currently states that anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol must hold a “Personal Licence” issued by their local authority. Once you have gained the APLH qualification you need to apply for your Personal Licence, which we can obtain for you through our Personal Licence Application service.
We currently offer two ways for clients to gain their APLH qualification; scheduled courses are available in our  office London throughout the year and we also provide in-company courses whereby we will come to your place of work and train your staff, providing there are a minimum of 5 learners.

Find a course date near you